Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Things come in Nice Packages


We had some friends come over for a girls night, and one brought this cake. She brought it in such a nice bag, I thought it was something else. The box is also so nice.


So we opened it, and it is a cake roll. There were two. One had a honey sauce, while the other had more of a fruit sauce. They were delicious.




What surprised me the most, was that it came with it's own knife!! Fancy smancy.


I know this watermelon is the odd picture in the bunch. It has it's own story. Jared and I went to a Korean mart and saw this yummy watermelon. I picked it up and almost had it in my cart, when the Korean guy chased me down and pulled me back to the melon stand. He insisted that the only proper way to carry the melon was by using this holding device. It took two men to put the melon in it, and I must say, it sure does make carrying a melon easier.








6 comments:

Ariana said...

Mmmmm...Those cakes look delicious! That watermelon holder is a cool idea. I'll have to try that out.

Sarah said...

Hi Vanessa, I love all the pictures! It sounds like you're doing really well! Yeah for you! Thanks for the email and the blog invite! Keep us posted on what goes on there! Take care and good luck!
Sarah Miles

Annie said...

So glad to have some more blogging friends.
The watermelon holding device is pretty cool. I'm gonna buy a melon just for the nifty straps. I wonder if it work on a kid too? :) So how much did you get the melon for anyway? The prices at the commissary are outragous. On the economy the lowest I've seen them go for is 10,000KNW. That still seem a bit pricey.

Anonymous said...

Boo!!! You need to update big time! We want new pics!!!

Catherine said...

The cake looks yummy! And the watermelon story is a hoot!! I would have been laughing myself silly!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

Wow! It sounds like you are having lots of adventures in Korea. I love the contraption for carrying watermelon! They should use those in the states!