Friday, April 17, 2009

Famous in Korea

Today Jared and I ventured off to Woobyland (a child's amusement park) with Ariana and Emma in the stroller. We had to walk off base, and take the subway, getting off on one station and switch to the other. On the subways they have a special seating area for elderly people, pregnant people, or people with wheelchairs. The oldest person gets to sit down, and if a man and a woman are about the same age, then the man gets to sit down. Pregnant women get first priority. No one sits in these seats unless they fit one of these categories. It's very nice to see the respect.
So, now back to my title. Korean people are fascinated with blonde hair and blue eyes. Everywhere we went we had eyes on us, and the girls were constantly greeted with hand shakes and smiles. We even had a couple of people ask if they could take their picture. What they do with the picture?? Who knows.

4 comments:

Melanni said...

I had fun catching up on your blog. The "sleep Kanosh" post was funny(0: I loved your Korea pictures and am glad your family has made it there safely. I'm sure you're going to have all kinds of adventures while you're there and I can't wait to hear about them!

Sissy said...

We had an experience like that when Blake was little and we went to mexico.He had almost white hair and everyone wanted to touch it.

Catherine said...

Wow, can I have your autographs!! :) What a fun adventure!

Anonymous said...

You know what I do with your picture.....