Sunday, March 8, 2009

Empty House

Our house is empty. We have packers come to our house Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. As some packers were taking apart the girls' bed, Jared asked them where their bed was. They both stated "in our room", with a look like, where else would it be. So Jared asked them to show him. That's when they discovered that the packers were taking apart and packing up their bed. Then Emma stated in a sweet innocent, and really serious tone "can I have my bed back please. It is mine, please put it back". The packers just laughed while Emma was waiting for them to follow her request. Half of our stuff is in Kanosh while the other half is on it's way to Korea. I was really excited to go, but after looking at my empty house, I felt like crying. I have so many great friends here, so many wonderful memories, and a ward that is so awesome!!! Although I am grateful for the opportunity that we have to remain together as a family, a part of my heart will linger in Colorado. We will also miss our family out in Utah, Jared's parents and his aunts and uncles. We are traveling there in a couple of days and cannot wait to spend time with them. Jared and I have always thought about living in that small town. Every time we go out there we look at the piece of land that we want and make plans on where we would build our house, our barn, what animals we would have, and the different types of fruit trees we would plant. It is so fun to plan our future. Latley we have just been going with the flow, and that is fun too. We never know what is around the corner, but we always try to make the most of it.
A couple of days ago, a friend and I went out to lunch at Red Robins. They gave Ariana and Emmalee balloons. We managed to shove them in the car and drive to Wal-Mart. Then the unimanigable happened. Emma's blue balloon flew away when I tried to retrieve her from the car. She asked me to get it as I tried to explain how only birds can fly. Then she asked a bird to go and get her balloon. When the bird flew away I told her that her balloon flew far far away to Grandma Lang's house. Now, her and Ariana can have a full converstaion about how her balloon is at Grandma Lang's house, and how Grandma has to share the balloon with Emma. It is so cute. So the girls are anticipating the trip to Grandma Lang's house (be ready Grandma Lang [blue balloon]).

4 comments:

Sissy said...

I'll miss you Vanessa!!!

Sarah Rockwood said...

I miss you guys already. Can I have my Vanessa back, please. She is mine, please put her back!;) No seriously, Please come back!

Catherine said...

We loved seeing you guys in Kanosh!!! I hope you had a blast at Disneyland!

Lois said...

Vanessa,

What a happy-sad time! I really don't like moving. It makes me cry just thinking about it. I have left dear friends and wards before and it was hard. I will admit that I have kept in touch with many of them as I have also made new friends. Good luck in this new chapter of your life. See you tomorrow!
Love,
Aunt Lois